PAWS, Parents of Athletes at Webb School, is a spirited community of parents who help encourage school spirit and support athletics at Webb School. We recognize the many benefits athletics brings to our children’s development and that coaches cannot possibly carry out all the needed support required by a rigorous athletic schedule, our rural location and enrollment.
The mission of PAWS is to enhance the athletic experience for all Webb athletes, coaches and fans to build a strong Webb community by increasing student, alumni, and parent pride in Webb Athletics.
To achieve our vision and carry out our mission, we will host concessions and collect gate admissions at student athletic events, sell spirit wear for teams, publish programs for athletic events and increase public awareness of Webb Athletics by hosting regional tournaments.
Goals of PAWS include completion of the Weight Room Improvement project, building an outdoor concession stand, expanding public relations, and growing the support of athletics while preserving Webb's time-honored traditions of personal integrity, sportsmanship and fair play.
The vision of PAWS is to strengthen and to grow athletics at The Webb School.
President Jenifer Powers
Vice President Lisa Crunk
Secretary Melanie Kiser
Treasurer Julia High
Spirit Wear Manager Beth Petroka
At-Large Kerrie French
At-Large Rico & Kacye Watson
At-Large Penny Hopper
It is an exciting time at The Webb School and we encourage you to get involved with PAWS. It is a great way to meet other parents, spend time with your child(ren) and support The Webb School.
In support of student-athletes, PAWS:
- Sponsor Team Parent Meetings so parents from many different communities can unite in support of their children’s team(s) and coaches.
- Support equipment, uniform and facilities improvement projects such as the Lagler Field Lighting Project and a proposed Field House equipped with restrooms, locker rooms, press box and concessions area.
- Sell spirit wear, operate a concessions stand and collect admissions fees at games to help fund facilities improvement projects.
- Be a Team Parent and organize volunteers
- Volunteer to work concessions or gate at home games
- Lead PAWS efforts as a member of the board -- the board meets monthly and meetings are open to everyone
- Help raise funds or donate to improve athletics and its facilities
- Gather information for team Rosters and Programs for games
- Share your talents in public relations or technologies to help publicize PAWS events