One of the many advantages of attending The Webb School is the personalized attention students will experience when working with College Counseling. Two full-time members of the college counseling team will be on hand to guide students and their family through the college search, application, and decision processes. With almost 30 years of combined experience in college and secondary school admission and enrollment management, Mr. Bridwell and Ms. Newberg will focus on the student’s passions and desires while keeping in mind the family’s needs and requirements. In-depth college counseling will begin in ninth grade and prepare families for the excitement of the college discernment process, while keeping student fit and expectations as the focal point.
The college counselors at Webb will place the student in the driver’s seat with the parents and college counselors playing the roles of navigator and guidance. And while many Webb graduates attend super selective colleges across the country each year, College Counseling is also prepared to assist with admission to regional universities with outstanding academics that offer greater financial support.
- Meet the Team
- School Profile
- Information for College Visitors
- Teacher Resources
Chadd Bridwell, director of college counseling, is originally from the rural Texas Panhandle and received his BBA at Midwestern State University (Texas) and his MLA from Southern Methodist University (Texas). Prior to Webb he spent over 20 years in admission and enrollment management at several Texas universities such as Midwestern State University, Southern Methodist University, St. Mary's University, and Texas Wesleyan University. He also spent time with the College Board and National Research Center for College and University Admission (NRCCUA) but now looks forward to serving as Director of College Counseling at the Webb School
Jamie Newberg, assistant director of college counseling, is originally from Ohio and has lived in Tennessee for 14 years. She received her B.S. in Business Administration and M.S. in School Counseling from Lee University (TN). Jamie has had 5 years of experience working in school counseling in the private and public sectors. Along with her school counseling experience she has had experience in mental health counseling providing in-home counseling and crisis counseling. Jamie is heading in to her second year at Webb and though she serves in many capacities across campus her favorite role is as the Assistant Director of College Counseling.
Steps to successStarting in the freshman year, Webb students will be introduced to college counselors and invited to participate in college planning activities. A series of timely events, sessions and communications will ensure students and families are aware of important tasks, deadlines and events. With May 1 of the senior year as the finish line, College Counseling will interact in all upper school grade levels to win the race and find the right college fit.
Directions to College Counseling Office
You’ll find we love showcasing The Webb School in historic Bell Buckle, Tennessee. You’ll also find that we’re not your typical school visit as demonstrated by our hospitality and location. Webb School is located just an hour from downtown Nashville and one and one-half hours from downtown Chattanooga.
Physical Address: 319 Webb Rd. East, Bell Buckle, TN 37020
College Counseling is located in the William Bond Library, near the intersection of Turtle Circle and Highway 82. The William Bond Library is indicated by “Wit, Wisdom, and Discipline” at the entryway.
RepVisits - Schedule your visit
You may schedule your campus visit by using RepVisit or by contacting Chadd Bridwell at email@example.com. Campus visits are scheduled in the William Bond Library Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. CT to 3:00 p.m. CT.
Scholarship Search and Applications
College Scholarship Program, Jack Kent Cooke Foundation - Application deadline is Nov. 20, 2018 - Click for pdf
College/University Specific (Nominations Sometimes Required)
Forms and Documents
- Student Handbook
- Family Partnership Agreement
- Teacher's Recommendation Form
- 2019 Senior Trek
- Tips for Meeting with College Reps
- Transcript Request Form
- Sample Athletic Recruitment
Summer Programs, Internships, and Study Abroad
- Samford University Bulldog Pharmacy Camp. February 1, 2019 Application deadline. Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Birmingham, AL.
- Global Navigator, High School Study Abroad. February 1, 2019 Scholarship Deadline.
- Summer, group college tours sponsored by College Visit
- Rutherford County High School Internship
- National Student Leadership Conference
- Summer Session at the University of Chicago
- Spring and Summer Programs at Oxbridge Academic Programs
- The Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive at Lehigh University (see attached)
- Top 50 US Pre-College Summer Programs
- 2019 PREFACE Program at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- SummerAcademy at St. John's College
- Linking FERPA to Common Application
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid - https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- College Board Profile, https://cssprofile.
- Gap Year Association - http://gapyearassociation.org/
- ACT / SAT Concordance - act.org/concordance and collegeboard.org/concordance.
- Free To Roam Adventures - http://freetoroamadventures.
- FastWeb - http://www.fastweb.com/
- Cappex - https://www.cappex.com/
- Fin Aid! - http://www.finaid.org/
- Tennessee Promise - http://tnpromise.gov/
- Scholarship Scams - http://www.finaid.org/