The Webb School is a private boarding and day school in Bell Buckle, Tennessee. Students from grades 6-12 come seeking college preparatory school education in liberal arts at Webb from all over the world. With 10 Rhodes Scholars among its graduates and consistently high SAT scores, The Webb School has a reputation as one of the top private schools in the nation. Webb’s small boarding school community comprised of 300 day school and boarding school students and its emphasis on honor truly creates the Character of Home.
Admission to The Webb School is selective and competitive. The admissions committee carefully reviews each aspect of the application process to determine which prospective boarding school and day school students best fit our college-preparatory school programs. Strong candidates display an excitement for learning through academic achievement, but they are also very involved in extracurricular programs as this involvement ultimately enriches the student body of our small, boarding school and day school campus.
To apply to The Webb School, please follow the following steps. You can also apply online by using our new
Online Application Center
- Fill out the main application form, which includes a section for parent(s) or guardian(s) and a separate student section. Once completed return to Webb's Admission Office with the application fee ($50 for domestic students, $100 for international.) To request a copy of the application by mail or via download, please fill out the Admissions Inquiry Form.
- Give your current school the three recommendation forms: English, Math, Guidance Counselor
- Testing - Please submit test scores from one of the following tests: SSAT (Secondary School Aptitude Test) or the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Examination)
International Students only - Please provide your most recent TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test score.
The SSAT is offered on Webb’s campus and is also available at other locations across the globe. Feel free to contact the Office of Admissions for information about available SSAT test dates on Webb’s campus. Please consult http://www.ssat.org/ for information about all test dates and locations and to register for the test. The ISEE is also available at numerous off-campus locations, including most independent schools in Nashville. Please consult http://www.iseetest.org/ for information about test dates and locations to register for the test.
- Ask your current school for your transcript, which may be mailed or faxed, to the Webb Admission Office: Fax 931-389-6657
- Contact our office to schedule a campus visit. Your visit will include a campus tour by a student member of the Son Will Society and an admission interview.
If you are interested in applying for financial aid and have not requested information, please let us know. All correspondence is confidential. To apply for financial aid, you will need the application from the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS). We can send this application to you or you may apply online at http://sss.nais.org/.
The Webb School has a priority deadline of February 16. All applications submitted after that date will be considered on a rolling admissions basis if space is still available. Students
Applications for financial aid should also be submitted by February 16. Applications for aid will be accepted after this date, but please contact our office to see if funds are still available.
All admissions decisions for priority deadline applicants will be sent on March 10. Notifications are sent by mail to students who live in the USA and by email for all international students.
The Webb School complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin in the administration of its admissions processes, scholarship and financial aid programs.
Request More Information about our Private Boarding School and Day School Program