ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
Founded in 1870, The Webb School is a private boarding school in Bell Buckle, Tennessee. Students from grades 6-12 come seeking college preparatory school education in liberal arts at Webb from all over the world. With 10 Rhodes Scholars among its graduates and consistently high SAT scores, The Webb School has a reputation of being one of the top private schools in the nation. Webb’s small school community comprised of an average enrollment of 300 students and its emphasis on honor truly creates a Character of Home. The 145-acre campus is located in a rural setting 50 miles southeast of Nashville. Approximately one-third of the school’s student population is boarding students. At present, the school enrolls students from fourteen U.S. states and ten foreign countries.
The Assistant Director of Admissions performs duties under the direction of the Director of Admissions. The general purpose of the Assistant Director of Admissions is to introduce The Webb School to prospective students and families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Travel and promote The Webb School and its programs to prospective students and families. Travel will include attending school fairs, open houses and other public forums.
• Perform follow-up duties with prospective families in a timely and orderly manner. Follow-up duties include, but are not limited to: phone calls, emails, personal letters, and visits.
• Manage social media plan and assist with advertising and marketing plan
• Assist with Son Will Society, our student ambassador program
• Assist with logistics for prospective family visits
• Assist with event planning for on campus and off campus admissions events
• Conduct interviews with prospective students
• Serve on the Admissions Committee – read and make decisions on complete applicant files
• Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of the admissions database
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Able to communicate clearly and courteously with parents, students, faculty and staff.
• Able to read and interpret documents; write routine reports and correspondence.
• Knowledge of modern office equipment, systems, procedures and methods.
• Knowledge of modern business communications, including proper grammar, style/format.
• Skilled in using personal computers, various software applications, local access network.
• Able to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed without constant supervision.
• Willing to maintain as confidential any matters learned in the course of his/her employment.
• Willing to shift seamlessly between tasks and to multi-task on occasion.
• B.A. or B.S degree
• Related experience and/or combination of education and experience.
• Familiarity with the culture of an independent school.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strong organizational, leadership and decision-making skills.
Please direct all inquiries by April 20, 2014 (including a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three references) to:
Mrs. Julie Harris
Director of Admissions
The Webb School
319 Webb Road East
Bell Buckle, TN 37020