Founded in 1870, The Webb School is a private boarding school in Bell Buckle, Tennessee. Students from grades 6 - 12 come seeking college preparatory school education in liberal arts at Webb from all over the world. With 10 Rhodes Scholars among its graduates and consistently high SAT scores, The Webb School has a reputation of being one of the top private schools in the nation. Webb’s small school community comprised of an average enrollment of 300 day school and boarding school students and its emphasis on honor truly creates a Character of Home. The 150-acre campus is located in a rural setting 50 miles southeast of Nashville. Approximately one-third of the school's student population is boarding students. At present, the school enrolls students from 14 U.S. states and 10 countries.
Position Summary: The Resident Nurse is a full-time, school year position. He or she must have a current active Nursing License through the TN Board of Nursing. He or she reports directly to the Dean of Students and/or Assistant Head of School. He or she has the primary responsibility to care and monitor the well being of the School’s boarding student community, international and domestic. He or she is responsible for the care and well being of the school’s day students population. He or she should have strong verbal and written communications skills. He or she should be self-initiating, and work well with faculty, staff and parents, while contributing positively to maintaining a positive, pleasant demeanor with the medical community. When necessary, irregular hours, evening work, and weekend work maybe required. He or she will interact with parents, students, medical community, faculty and staff in a courteous, profession manner. There will be unpaid time off when school is not in session during the summer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for receiving medical records at registration (Saturday). Making sure all immunization shots are up-to-date.
• Oversee Dorm Advisors regarding the care and well being of their boarding student/ advisees. Attend beginning of the year Faculty retreat. Keeping them informed throughout the school year.
• Maintaining records on each student (day and boarding). Each file will have information regarding parents and doctor re marks, immunizations dates to meet Tennessee State requirements, medication dosages, and all forms required to assist a student when ill.
• Maintain log of daily visits regarding illness/complaints and what procedure(s) taken.
• Maintain a daily report for the Administration Office.
• Maintain a daily report of supplies charges for Accounts Payable.
• Responsible for scheduled medications.
• Responsible for the organization of student’s medicine in medicine cabinet. Working with parents and local pharmacy when student medications are low.
• Responsible for preparing and keeping supplied first aid kits for residence halls, buses and vans, and other areas on campus that need a kit.
• Oversee and administer fall flu shots when requested by boarding student’s parents.
• Administer fall flu shot extras, if available, to day students, faculty and staff, in that order.
• Responsible for making doctor’s appointments for illness and wellness visits: dental and eye examinations, etc. Providing information to Administrative Assistant for school or class absences.
• Responsible for following up with students needs after any scheduled appointment.
• Responsible for coordinating with Administration Assistant transportation arrangements for scheduled wellness or sickness visits, as well as medication pick up.
• Monitor sick students, determining whether need to see a doctor or admit to infirmary is not able to attend a class or classes. Call parent(s) if a serious issue arises.
• Responsible for bedside nursing for students admitted to infirmary.
• Responsible for calling parents of day students when admitted to infirmary with an illness to pick up student to send home.
• Maintain detailed report when questions arise concerning a sick student for Administration Office.
• Responsible for the ordering of supplies, as needed. Following purchasing order procedures and getting correct forms to Ac counts Payable.
• Responsible for obtaining receipts from students upon return from scheduled appointment.
• Responsible for filing accident and medical insurance claims for boarding students in a timely manner.
• Responsible for communicating with Accounts Payable in regards to billing and follow up with all student medical charges.
• Maintaining all copies of medical receipts and invoices in student file.
• Responsible for housekeeping duties that involve laundering of infirmary bedding.
• Position requires twenty-four (24) hour on-call duty.
• Responsible for schedule of relief nurse.
• Responsible for making maintenance and custodial requests, as needed.
The Webb School complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin in the administration of its educational policies and programs, admissions processes, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices, athletic and other school administrative programs.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please direct all inquiries (including a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three references) to:
The Webb School
319 Webb Road East
Bell Buckle, TN 37020