Employment Opportunity – Director of Summer Day Camp
The Webb School is seeking a Director for its Summer Day Camp. The summer camp reopened four years ago, and has grown in both size and quality. The former director did a wonderful job in building an excellent program for the Day Camp. The Camp is designed for rising 4th – 8th graders, and the focus is on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics), with an additional outdoor component. The Day Camp also serves as strong a feeder program for The Webb School. We are seeking an energetic and visionary person to continue to develop an exciting and interesting Day Camp at Webb.
The Director of the Summer Day Camp is a part-time, year-round administrative position, with most of the on-campus work taking place for three weeks in June. The year-round aspect of the position is very flexible and involves some promotion, hiring staff, and creating schedules. An administrative assistant handles registration and payments. The Director of the Summer Day Camp reports directly to the Assistant Head of School and works closely with the Director of Admissions and the Director of Athletics. Included in the responsibilities of this position are:
• Overseeing, developing, and coordinating all programming.
• Working with the Head of School and Board of Trustees in articulating the Mission and goals of the Day Camp.
• Setting of budgets, and hiring and training of staff.
• Collaborating with the offices of Admissions and Communications on the marketing of the Summer Day Camp, as well as the recruitment of students and the general promotion of the School to prospective families.
• Coordinating with the Administration staff for the registration of campers.
• Working to ensure a safe, healthy, camp environment. Also, overseeing emergency crisis planning for the camp which may go beyond the present Webb plans.
• Providing excellent communication and customer service to all constituents.
• Evaluating camp operation, program, and staff using parent surveys or other tools.
The initial salary will be approximately $5,000. There will also be a bonus for a successful year.
For more information on the day camp, go to: /academics/summer-program/index.aspx.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and a cover letter stating your interest and qualifications to Joe Iorio, Assistant Head of School, The Webb School, 319 Webb Road East, Bell Buckle, TN 37020 or electronically to email@example.com.