At a Glance
New Student Center
• New location is central to all of present and future residential housing, bookstore included, offices for two faculty/staff members for supervision, a senior room, and a large room with the flexibility in seating arrangements for a variety of venues also part of design, Café/catering kitchen for daily use and special events, near Barton Athletic Center, where many afternoon activities occur.
•This building allows the Alumni and Development Office to completely occupy the current Student Center creating an alumni center for visiting alumni and a place for alumni, parents and board of trustees to meet.
• The present boarding population is just short of capacity. We need dorms for both genders to move toward the vision of 150 boarding students by 2022.
last dorm was constructed
34 years ago.
• The new dorms -- Meadows Hall and Wendel Haynes Hall --
accommodate 20 students
(total of 40 students).
• By having two dorms,
Webb has better flexibility to
meet future gender needs.
• These dorms will likely be for seniors and juniors.
• Each dorm has two faculty residences attached – one two-story, three-bedroom house and one single-story, one-bedroom apartment and study space. This accomplishes the strategic goal of improved faculty housing directly attached to dorms.